BATEMANS BAY YOUTH FOUNDATION - NEWSLETTER, FEBRUARY 7TH, 2020
26TH GRANTS PRESENTATION DINNER
The Youth Foundation held its annual Grants presentation Dinner at the Catalina Club, Batemans Bay, on Thursday, 6th February, 2020. A large very appreciative audience of 117 guests witnessed the presentation of 12 Grants and 2 Awards for Excellence.
The successful students were:
- Marcus Cristallo B of Law/Commerce UOW
- Eleanor Taylor-Thompson B of International Relations (Language) ANU
- James Dickinson B of Health Sc/Human Nutrition UOC
- Kate Toohey B of Education (Primary) ACU
- Jack Gallen B of Contemporary Music ConMusic
- Josephine Parsons B of Science / Arts ANU
- Tom Gaffey B of Engineering UOW
- Thomas Ebejer B of Neuroscience UOW
- Jade Briggs B of Engineering UOW
- Emily Dickinson B of Primary Education UOC
- Max Robertson B of International Security Services/Law ANU
- Teagan Moses B of Law/Arts ANU
- Byron Manning B of Nursing UOTas
There were also the two Excellence Prizes named after the late Chairman Alex Taylor OAM, and the current Chairman Peter Wood OAM. Each prize is $1,000 payable for excellent scholastic performance in the 1st year of University, restricted to Grantees of the previous year.
Taylor OAM (Humanities) was awarded to Jessica Halliburton, studying for a B.Social Work at UOW, who achieved 6 Distinctions and 2 High Distinctions in her first year.
Wood OAM (Science) was awarded to Blayne Abela, studying for a B.Architecture, Canberra University, who achieved 5 Credits and 3 Distinctions in his first year.